Tuesday, March 27, 2012

House Progress


Lots of exciting things happening this week!
The brick on the fireplace will be going up and hopefully the siding people will get the entire front of the house done so we'll at least be able to see what it will look like from the front.  I'm really happy with the color.  A lot of people have mentioned the color "blue" when referring to it which makes Jim cringe - the color we chose was "Trout Gray!"  I guess it has a little blue in it but the more that goes up, the more gray it looks.
Photobucket


The trim and ceilings are all getting several coats of paint.  It looks great so far!
Photobucket


We decided to put the paneling in the front entry, I'm really glad we did, it adds a lot to the space.
Photobucket


The paneling goes all the way up the stairs and all the way down, I can't wait to see all of this painted!
Photobucket


The first couple of stair newels are going up and I love them!  They look so big and substantial, the look we were going for.
Photobucket


Part of the mudroom cabinets were installed today!  I am really excited for this part - I've never had a mudroom and I am so excited to have a place to dump coats, shoes, gloves, backpacks, etc.! 
Photobucket


We had this window lowered because we couldn't see out.  It's going to hinder my plans for a shelf with hooks underneath it but I think the view out the window is more important.  We will still have a bench.  Maybe this side can be for backpacks, the other side for coats.  

I literally have a 2 foot shelf with about 5 hooks on it now shoved behind a door with about 15 coats on it so anything is going to be a million times better!
Photobucket


We started off the beginning of Spring Break with some beautiful weather so the kids were really excited to get outside and play.  Monday was really cold and rainy so we were stuck inside.  All I kept hearing was, "I'm bored" "Who can I play with?" and non stop fighting.  As I was trying to mediate all of it I kind of said under my breath, "We are not going to survive this week."  Paige immediately responded with, "Yes you are, you don't have a Nazi holding a gun to your head."  Um, yes, I guess she's got a point, I thought.  We did read a biography about Anne Frank a few weeks ago so I'm guessing she picked something up from the book.  

Paige is always coming up with some random statement that is somehow used appropriately and accurately.  It may sometimes be a little extreme (like a Nazi holding gun to your head) but I can't believe a 2nd grader has the verbal and mental capacity to absorb complicated concepts and situations and then remember them and be able to use the concept again in another situation that makes sense (if that makes sense).  She is so quick witted, articulate and intellectually way beyond her years. But also, still such an 8 year old in so many ways.  A complicated one she is.  We love that about her. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors