Thursday, March 22, 2012

House Progress

Siding is going up, slowly, but surely. 
The porch walls are being constructed, that white stuff on the top is actually foam, seems crazy that that's what they make the walls out of, I guess they cover it with stucco.

Photobucket

Here are the stair treds with a little bit of finish on them (it was just sprayed on for testing so it doesn't look even).  
I am so excited to see how the floors turn out!
Photobucket


The top is sprayed, the bottom is just the natural wood.  I love the look and grayish color of just the natural wood but I guess it's hard to get them to stay that way with any sort of finish.
Photobucket

The painters are starting all the trim, paneling, crown, baseboards, etc. this week.  The window seats and bookcases are going in the kid's rooms.  When the cabinet maker initially installed them, they didn't go to the ceiling so we are having them built up so that the effect will really be more of a built-in look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors