I've been catching up on my ironing this afternoon. Thank goodness for audible books, I've listened to so many good ones lately - "The Chosen" by Chiam Potok is what I'm listening to now and I am loving it. I have always been fascinated with Hasidism. Last week I listened to "Unorthodox" by Deborah Feldman which was very interesting. It really helps the monotony of housewife duties sometimes.
As I listened and ironed, I also got to look out my bedroom window and watch the workers over at the house. I feel so in over my head lately with the process of choosing tile, countertops, finish work, etc. I think that's why my audio books have been such a nice escape for me, it forces me to take a break from obsessing over all of it for a while being productive at the same time.
This siding has been up for a couple of weeks. We've been waiting and waiting for them to come back and get going again but I guess they've been finishing up another job. I was glad to see the siding people back today but they were working on the soffit so it doesn't look like much happened from over here.
Hailey and Indie got a little outside play time today, it's has been such a nice day for here - above freezing, sunny and not windy, a rarity for these parts. I'm sure Indie was ecstatic that she convinced one of the kids to go outside and play with her. She sits and begs by the back door every day when they get home and they rarely have time to play with her between homework and all the after school things we have going on.


No comments:
Post a Comment