Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent Thanksgiving in Salt Lake this year.  
I knew it was going to be a long day for the kids so I brought a bunch of crafts and projects to keep them busy.
Photobucket

They started out with pilgrim and indian popsicle stick people who were later used in a cute puppet show.  I'm not sure anyone other than grandparents will want to watch but Jim put it on you tube:
Photobucket

Snake painting was next.  Not very 'thanksgiving-ish' but a big hit none the less.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Wrestling is a great pass-time, right Indie?
Photobucket

We took a walk around the neighborhood for some fresh air.
Photobucket


Photobucket


I now realize I looked like an alien. I think Molly was embarrassed but she let me carry her anyway when her little poodle feet got cold.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Our beautiful table.
Photobucket

Our even more beautiful family.
Photobucket

The clean up crew.  So much work goes into about 30 minutes of actual eating.
Photobucket

I am so thankful for my 3 little kiddos.  
It's so easy to remember that when I'm looking back on these cute snapshots and they're all tucked snuggly in their beds, quietly sleeping. 
But quite honestly, a lot of the day was spent breaking up fights between these three.  No matter how many crafts, puzzles, games and movies there are, it's never perfect but I love them more than anything anyway.

I'm thankful for Paige and her kind heart, her confidence and her quick wit.  My favorite Paige quote of the day was, "I feel like I'm in a staff meeting" after Jim calmly talked to her after one of her meltdowns.
Photobucket

I'm thankful for Hailey and her peacemaking skills , her concern for others and her strong little hands that can work out the knots in our backs.
Photobucket

I'm thankful for Crew and his adorable laugh, his dancing moves and his silly sense of humor.
Photobucket

An actual hug, which was amazing, considering they spent 75.8% of the day at each other's throats.
Photobucket
I am also thankful for my mom who worked hard cooking and cleaning and who graciously tolerated us in her home for 6 days. 
I'm thankful for my dad who is always good for a laugh and a hug and an entertaining story.
And, for my husband who is truly my soul-mate and best friend.  
I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I love that crew does his crafting shirtless.....ps...evie was asking for crew the other day. She wanted me to call him to play and she would not let it go. So funny since they hardly see eachother. He made a big impression.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors