Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Paige Turns 6!!!

I'm so behind on my blogging and the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that someday my kids will look back on this and remember the good things from their childhood, remember that they were loved and remember what made them who they are.  So, with that said, I'm gunna keep on trying to catch up!!!


On January 20th, Paige turned 6! Every year we say, this year is going to be the year Paige stops screaming, this will be the year she stops crying, this year she's going to grow up.  I think this is the year.  Although it's been gradual, there is definite evidence that Paige is growing up.  She is still herself, still volatile at times, still cries and storms off to her room in fits of irrational anger, yet she has grown into a little girl who cares about others, who has empathy, who is kind, who is outrageously funny, witty and charasmatic, not to mention beautiful and graceful.  She can read, communicate, use sarcasm, tell jokes and cry on demand (a budding actress I predict). People are drawn to Paige, she is a leader.

She wanted a birthday party at Leo's Place, which I must say, is not my favorite place in Idaho Falls but really, there aren't many other choices.  So, I let her invite her whole kindergarten class, plus a few other friends from church and the neighborhood.  I invited all these kids thinking that most would not come.  I was wrong, I think we had 18 or 19 kids running around Leo's and a mountain of presents.  She had a great time and it made me happy to see her surrounded by friends.  I hope she is able to make lasting, solid, good friendships with some of these kids.  I know from experience, there are no other friends like the ones you've had for most of your life.



Paige and Papa Red share the same birthday week so we usually have a combined family party.  Here we are at Red Robin.

Jim made a chocolate cake for his Dad's birthday.  I had to take  picture of his efforts.  Not to pretty, but it tasted really good!

And of course, we sang Happy Birthday.  I love this picture of Hailey and Crew looking up at Papa Red.


Happy 6th birthday to the most beautiful, spunkiest, funniest, smartest 6 year old I know!!!!  I love you Paige!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors