Friday, February 19, 2010

Hailey's Special Night Out

There is a family here in Idaho Falls that has 10 kids.  These people must have been put on the earth to be parents because it seems they are doing an amazing job.  I'm always fascinated by these families, wondering how they have the patience, energy and stamina to do it.  I know that part of their routine is to take one child out every Wednesday, just the one child and both parents.  I thought this was a great idea and one we should incorporate into our monthly routine, even if we only have 3 kids!  Each child needs to have some one-on-one time to feel special.  So, we started this last night and took Hailey out.  She chose a little Japanese/Sushi place, pretty sophsisticated for a 7 year old!  It was really nice just to spend some time with her alone.  We talked about her upcoming baptism, school, friends, worries, what makes her happy, what makes her sad and more.  After dinner we ran few errands and then went to Cold Stone for ice cream.  It was a very nice night.  I love you Hailey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors