Thursday, November 10, 2011

House Progress

This home building process is stressful.  I'm not very good at compartmentalizing things and I'm having a hard time not worrying about the hundreds of decisions we are going to have to make in the next 6 months.  I'm not complaining, I feel so lucky that we are able to build a home right now.  So, I keep telling myself it's a good stress, if there is such a thing.


We were so excited to see the framing process start!
Photobucket


This will be the east side of the house where the office will be.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Again, the east side.  Those big openings are for the windows and one door along the east wall.
The recessed area will be the sunken living room.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Stairs to the basement.
Photobucket

Basement
Photobucket


This was the view today!  It's gone really fast.  They're trying to get the second floor on before the bad weather sets in.
Photobucket

This is the view from where the stairs are, looking into the living room area.
Photobucket

This is in the kitchen looking out the front of the house - I have four 3' x 5' windows in a row because I love to be able to see out in front of my house.  That's probably my biggest complaint about my house now is that I feel so closed in because the only window facing the front is the small one in our office.
Photobucket

This is looking west, toward the dining room and stairs.
Photobucket

And of course, a site visit wouldn't be complete without a climb up the dirt hill.
Photobucket

This picture is totally unrelated, I just thought it was funny.  He just had a cupcake that he has been waiting to eat.  It was called "party in my mouth" and he's been singing a little song about it since we went to the cupcake store.  I made him wait to eat it until after lunch.
It really does look like he had quite a party in his mouth!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors