Sunday, October 17, 2010

Easy As Pie

I never really understood the expression "easy as pie."  I remember trying to make pies on Thanksgiving one year when we were first married and I was pregnant with Hailey.  That year I cooked the turkey upside down (not on purpose) and my pies were awful.  So awful, in fact, that our friend Dan gave me a pie crust making kit for Christmas that year as a joke!  I haven't attempted pie making again until today. I was inspired here.  She made it look so easy (and she said it was o.k. to use refrigerated pie crust) that I figured it was about time I give it another shot!

I went out and got this fancy apple peeler thing and Jim and Crew had fun using it.  Nifty, for sure.
Photobucket
The only ingredients are apples, sugar, cinnamon, flour and a little lemon juice.
If you want the recipe, visit the link above.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Voila! 
(I know there is supposed to be a little accent over the "a" but I can't figure that out).
Photobucket
And, it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors