
Jim and I went to Sun Valley for our 10th Anniversary, which is coming up in a couple of days, April 28th! We decided to use the navigation system for some reason and learned that she's not always right. She tried to take us on a "short cut" that took us about 3 hours out of the way. We were actually only about 11 miles from Sun Valley when we discovered that the short cut road had not been plowed! It makes me mad to even think about it. I was so tired and cranky by the time we got to Stanley, I was ready to eat at a gas station. Luckily, we found a little dive that happened to have pretty good pizza. We finally made it to Sun Valley at about 11 pm. Grrrr.
After sleeping in on Saturday morning (a VERY rare luxury), we got up, hopped on our bikes and had a nice 2 1/2 hour bike ride. It was really fun even though it was snowy and muddy in some parts, I didn't mind getting dirty. Jim's rear somehow got most of the mud. I wish I had gotten more of his soaked back, we were working hard!


The ski hill, still snowy.



We ate at a really, really good little Italian place on Saturday night called Cosi. It was the best pasta I have EVER had! I can't wait to go back. Sunday, we just took it easy, had brunch at the lodge and then headed home. It was such a nice get-away and very much needed. I was so thankful that Jim's parents are willing and able to take the kids for us. It's not easy!
looks like so much fun - i love sun valley
ReplyDeleteI have to say I rarely leave comments on people's blogs, but I love to read my close friends because I feel like I can catch up on their lives, seeing as I'm a horrible phone caller as well - so I'm glad I'm back ON. Abby has been bullied a couple of times too. It makes me so angry, I want to smack the girl - And when I volunteer in the class, i always say something to the girl, and it's usually calling her out and telling her to knock it off, in 3rd grade language - so next time, I'm just going to make her cry:)