Monday, September 19, 2011

Boating Adventures

Last winter we had a little mishap with the drift boat Jim had been using (I can't say it was ours because it technically wasn't).  It got crushed in a shed when the roof caved in from snow.  Jim thought that it was time to get our (his) own boat so he found an old jet boat that he figured would be a little more "family friendly" because it can hold more people and is more kid friendly than a drift boat since you're not having to row constantly.  We've taken it out a few times.  The first time the engine died on Blacktail in the middle of the lake.  I think Jim was having some buyers remorse.  But, after some tuning up we've been able to take it out a few times as a family on the river.  It's fun, I guess.

Jim loves it.  This was at Red Fish Lake.
Photobucket


Can you tell it's not my favorite thing?
(I look pretty awful...I was just getting over the stomach flu).  
I'm trying to like it.  Maybe it'll grow on me.
Photobucket

I'm not sure it's Paige's favorite thing either.
Photobucket

Unless she's driving.
Photobucket

Hailey and Crew like it because they get to drink soda which is a rare treat.
Photobucket

Indie LOVES it.
Photobucket

Crew is happy anytime he's hanging out with his BEST BUDDY Dad.
Photobucket

Photobucket

It is really neat when you spot some wild life. 
We saw a pair of moose one day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A bald eagle.
Photobucket

Wait....what is that?????
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A rare spotting for sure.
It was Papa Red when he had to dive in and untangle some moss from the engine. 
Photobucket

What a trooper...I'm really hoping that's never me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors