Thursday, January 13, 2011

Closet Projects

In the last few weeks I've been in a New-Year's-Get-Organized mode.  I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but I seem to kind of naturally get into a "fresh start" sort of mentality with the beginning of a new year.

I decided a few closets were in need of some attention.  The front hall was just a mess of unorganized, overflowing bins with mis-matched gloves and mittens, scarves stuffed here and there and coats and jackets shoved and pushed onto hooks and sometimes hangers.

I got some new bins with drawers and made laminated labels with pictures to make it easy to see where to find things and where to put things away.

Photobucket


Photobucket


My closet was beginning to get a little out of control so I re-organized my jewelry shelf and took a bunch of random pictures I had floating around and put them up on the wall over my dresser (they were sitting on my dresser but they kept falling down and getting shoved around).  I love how it turned out.  I call it my "Mom Cave."

Photobucket


Photobucket

I especially love the pictures of my two grandmothers.  They were so different, as the pictures show, but I loved them both so much and have such great memories with each of them.  I think I have a little bit of each of them in me and I remember them both every time I look at the pictures.

Mary Louise Prichard Slayton
(maternal grandmother)
Photobucket

Selma Bates McKean
(paternal grandmother)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I wish I were a truly-in-my-heart organized person. I'm not. We've lived here for seven months and already our closets are a mess. Want to come visit?:)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors