Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fishing

We took the kids fishing the other night with Nanny, Papa, Bryn and Luke.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jim really gets into a zone when he's fishing and is very intense.  The only thing I'm this intense about is maybe.....shopping???  How shallow, I need a new hobby.
Photobucket

Indie loves it.  All I can think about is that all that money we just paid to get her groomed is down the drain.  She always gets so dirty!
Photobucket

Crew fished for about 2 minutes and then spent the rest of the time playing with his worm.  We named him "Jerry."  Crew wanted to know if he could build a little bed of dirt next to his own bed that Jerry could live in.  He wanted to keep him "forever and ever and ever."
Photobucket
Jim caught a couple of fish and let the kids bring them in.  All I could think about was the poor, slimy, fish with that hook piercing it's mouth, struggling to breath outside of the water, terrified it would never see it's little fish family again.  Can you tell I'm not much of a fisherwoman?
Photobucket

Hailey, on the other hand, is a total fisherwoman.  She's got a great cast and stuck with it the whole time, she definitely takes after her dad.  Here she is when she thought she had caught a fish.  It was actually Aunt Bryn she had hooked, but it was fun to see how excited she was.
Photobucket
It was a nice night.  Good to be out in nature.  I love the weather here this time of year.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome time!! Lets do it again and again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, why do you comment under MY name? I hope that was Jim anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had been there...It looks like it was a beautiful day for fishing.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors