Lately, if you are wondering how you're doing in the mom, dad, sister or brother department, there is most likely a note from Paige letting you know. Usually these notes come floating down from the balcony into the living room or are thrust into your hands followed by the sound of the pitter patter of her tiny feet and a violent slamming of her door.
The other night we were having hard boiled eggs, toast and bacon for dinner. Jim was warming up the cold, peeled eggs in the microwave...he may be a brilliant Neuro/Interventional Radiologist but when it comes to the kitchen, he's lacking in the common sense skills (sorry Jim). So, after setting the microwave to re-warm pasta????, the eggs exploded in the microwave. Paige was so looking forward to her hard boiled egg (one of her favorite foods) and ran crying up to her room. I am really glad she's learning to use writing as an outlet for her frustration...it beats the screaming, crying fits that would almost rupture our eardrums.
Translation: Dad and Mom, You guys are no good at making eggs.
The notes are not always out of frustration, sometimes just purely informational. Translation: Dear Dad and Crew, I snuck into Crew's room, I am giving this note to you. From Paige
Here she is wanting us to reciprocate in the note writing. I totally understand that it's not as much fun to write people notes unless you're getting notes back! Translation: Write a note to me on the door.
The notes are sometimes really nice and sweet. Haiely came home sick from school yesterday so Paige made her these hearts...Hailey get better, Hailey feel better, Hailey Mom loves you.
She's growing up!





Those are so cute. I love the informational one about sneaking into Crew's room! And I totally want the bread recipe!!
ReplyDelete